Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Gemma Doyle...

Has anyone read A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray?

If you haven't, you should. It's pretty good.

If you have, I want to tell you something. Last night I felt EXACTLY like Gemma Doyle. I walked into my room at midnight, closed the door, and a chilly breeze drifted through my open window. The sound of rain pouring over the streets and through the leaves turning crispy with the coming of autumn was the only sound filling the quiet, dark night. The rain reflected the streetlight and glittered as it pounded the ground.

I slept with my window open because I didn't want to lose the feeling of Gemma and when I woke up, the feeling hadn't left. It was a gray dark morning, almost like late afternoon, and the rain was still going strong.

I love these moments, when you feel like a character from a book or movie. It's surreal.


New blog, Synesthete Lemon. Totally photo oriented. No words. SUB.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, getting a comment makes me giddy :)

Thank youuu!