Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Just Lose It All...

Currently Listening to:

I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas


There are a couple reasons why I'm listening to this song right now.
1) Did you watch the Grammys? The Black Eyed Peas performed. I like BEP in general but I feel like all the songs they put out are kind of the same and I thought their performance was a little blah. It actually made me feel a little awkward, like I was embarrassed for them. My brother said, "They are such a joke," and I tried to defend them. "Don't say that. That's mean." But it was really a half-hearted defense. I have a lot of respect for them1, don't get me wrong, but I think they were only so-so at the Grammys.
2) I'm also listening to this song because my IB Music teacher was talking about repetition in Classical Sonatas and the example he used to "relate" it to us was the Black Eyed Peas' "I Gotta Feeling". He said, "This song is a great example because it repeats the same thing over and over and over with only slight variations to each section". Hahaha. It's funny when teachers unintentionally make fun of something. At least to me. At least when it's my IB Music teacher...

3) For at least the next five minutes (until 5:30 pm when the sun goes down completely here in dreary Seattle) I have this feeling, like BEP does, that things will be okay if you just make it that way.


"I know that we'll have a ball.

If we get down and go out and just lose it all.

I feel stressed out, I wanna let it go.

Let's go way out, spaced out, and losing all control."

There's a lot of truth to that. I think one of the hardest things, for me, is to just let things roll off my back sometimes. But I know that if we can just learn to let loose, have fun, and not take everything so seriously, we could all have so much more fun.

4) Reason number four. I'm listening to this song because I want to let you know that I totally respect Fergie and the Black Eyed Peas and totally one hundred percent am not trying to disrespect. But did anyone else think that...





Fergie's outfit 2



Looked a little bit like....
A prawn from District 93?


: /


I need to lose control sometimes. Because losing control once in a while doesn't mean that you'll lose control of your life for good.


-Haewon

1: They have been nominated for a Grammy like 16 times and have won 6 Grammys. They are amazing...I'm not a hater!


Thanks for the photos!

 
[Disagree? Agree? Something to add? Like District 9? Odd movie. COMMENT :D
She says to the dust mites...]

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, getting a comment makes me giddy :)

Thank youuu!