Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

Now It's Time to Sing Along...

Currently Listening to:

Everybody Hurts by Various Artists, Helping Haiti

Just a quick update about my day...

The past few weeks my school has been having tons of Haiti drives. Miracle minutes during passing periods to collect change, collection containers in every room, all the clubs' fundraisers are now for the Haiti relief effort, we are making a huge cloth banner with hand prints of all the students who donated.

One really cool and fun idea that someone had was to do a Tie Dye for Haiti fundraiser. A couple of our science teachers hosted it and someone donated all the supplies. It was $10 to come tie dye and $2 extra for a shirt, with all of the proceeds going towards the Haiti relief effort. Tons of students showed up, it was really incredible. Next Friday, we are all going to wear our tie dyed shirts to school in support of Haiti.

It was a really cool and unique idea, and something that a lot of kids want to go to because not only do they get to donate but they get shirt out of it too, one that they know is for a good cause.

I really suggest you do a fundraiser like this, if you haven't already started collecting donations for Haiti.

That being said, I don't think my shirt will turn out very well! I haven't ever tie dyed before, at least not that I can remember.


Sorry about the gleam. Seattle doesn't provide adequate lighting past 2 pm in February.

I wanted to do like a yellow, orange, pink combo but I didn't block off the yellow very well1. Haha, oh well. Things are better if they aren't perfect; they have more character and are more unique!

Anyway, this was my little post for the day. I'm off to school to play in pep band for a basketball game. I guess I'll be spending more time at school than at home today. Let's see...about 13 hours at school today. Actually, that's about the same as usual.

...

This is kind of random but today my friend said, half seriously and half jokingly, that the climate of a college will be her biggest deciding factor. You know, climate does make a big difference. I know that first-hand from living in Seattle. Weather. Makes. A. Big. Difference.

Rain, rain, rain. It's kind of depressing never seeing the sun in the winter.

But at the same time, I live in one of the most beautiful places on Earth. I truly believe that.

View from the front of my house. Mountains and trees. Plus Seattle is a major city.

I keep saying this more and more but...how could I ever leave Seattle? I can't yet imagine it.

-Haewon
1: I'll let you know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, getting a comment makes me giddy :)

Thank youuu!