Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Where Are Your Guts to Fly?...

Currently Listening to:

Skyway Avenue by We The Kings

Random fact of the night:

Native American Indians used to name their children after the first thing they
saw as they left their tepees subsequent to the birth. Hence such strange names
as Sitting Bull and Running Water1.

I told my friend to do this for me in her room and I am "White Ceiling". :/

Well, we lost the basketball game. I wasn't expecting that we would win though, so it's not much of a let down. After the game I met a (very cute) boy-friend of a friend. He was very nice and gentleman like, but he's a grade lower. I guess it doesn't really matter, but it got me thinking: Isn't it weird how age matters so much more when you're younger? Like a Freshman dating a Senior is just plain odd, but a 32 year old dating a 35 year old is normal.



And then I thought about Ashton and Demi. They are 15 years apart and married. It's kind of weird thinking about Ashton Kutcher at 25 dating Demi Moore at 40, but...who am I to judge? If it works, it works.



I mean, that's not to say it's not kind of shocking. It is. But look how well they seem to go together:



Demi and Ashton at premiere of Spread1

What do you think?

It's weird to me how things change so much when you get older. When I turned 17, I wasn't even excited. Yeah, it's nice to grow up, but I really enjoy being my age because I feel like I have all these high hopes for the future and I'm so optimistic about everything, and I don't want to grow up and to lose that naivety. I don't want to become jaded and I can already feel it happening. I can feel it every day. I used to shoot for the stars but now, sometimes I feel like it'd be wiser to just settle.

But I never want to feel like I needed to settle. I want to always feel like I did my best or will do better. I want to feel like there is room for growth all the time, and I want perseverance to feel worthwhile.

Anyway, I rinsed out my Helping Haiti tie dye shirt. My laundry almost bubbled over because I only put the shirt in the wash and there was too much soap. I am not usually this bad at doing the laundry, but it's late. I'll post a picture of the final product later. It's pretty good. And there is a bit of yellow in it so I'm happy. Oh, and I made dog treats for the humane society today. I think I'll save that for another post though. Lots more to say about that.

We need to care for the animals!

Tiredly yours,

-Haewon

P.S. I love stumbleupon.com and came across this site with all these cool facts. I'm a definite fact lover and if you are too, read some of these cool facts. More random sites are to come (because I know we all need one more reason to have a.d.d. and not do homework and poke around sites on the Internet).

1: Pulled from the site under the link "cool facts".

2: Picture from Marie Claire UK

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, getting a comment makes me giddy :)

Thank youuu!