Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

No One's Taken With You Until You're Taken Too...

Currently Listening to:

Taken by Spencer Day

I'm sort of the most/least enthusiastic person you might ever meet. The same applies for Valentine's Day. I refuse to let this post revolve completely around Valentine's Day, but I can't just ignore it, being a blogger and all.

I'm fascinated with Valentine's Day for two reasons.

The first is that it's the saddest day of the year for some people. Well, okay minus Christmas...and Thanksgiving...and Birthdays...well it's one of the saddest days of the year. I mean, a day all about loving someone else and having someone who romantically loves you back? How depressing. And just imagine being in high school. When you're in the age group whose whole happiness apparently revolves around having someone you can hold hands with and sit with at the lunch table and go on group dates with and take to prom...it's sad when you're all alone. No one wants their Facebook status to say "single" on V-day. Of course, there are those people who write "single & lOviNg iTTttt!!!!!!!!" or whatever but that just makes it all the more sad. In my opinion. Maybe you really are happy to be single. But then why did you type up that whole long essay about why you love the single life the day after your boyfriend broke up with you? And why did you tag everyone, including said ex-boyfriend, in your post? You seem happy.
The second reason why Valentine's Day is so interesting to me is that I really love this day. I may be that nerdy freak you make fun of in high school who doesn't date and who occasionally sits in the bathroom alone during lunch (okay, it was only once. Don't judge), but who wouldn't like a day full of pink and red hearts and chocolates and pretty flowers and heart shaped cookies and big stuffed animals? Plus all the sappy romance movies that you can justify watching in your pj's with a big carton of ice cream. It's a nice day, the concept is nice. It's hopeful and makes me feel all around fuzzy and giddy. Baby Cupid shoots you with his love arrow and makes you fall in love and it's a day for fairytales! Taylor Swift understands that!

Speaking of Swift, anyone seeing Valentine's Day [the movie]? I think I might go to see it just because of all the famous people they managed to pack in there. I don't really understand what the movie is about and I'm pretty sure it's a plot-less movie. But the idea of watching a movie where every five seconds you see a mega-celeb on the screen sounds really fun. Plus, we're having a "Gal"entine's Day (Parks and Recreation? Anyone? Anyone?) and need a movie to watch after we go bowling. The day sounds kind of sad but I think it will be fun. Fun and sad. I mean, honestly I'm not the kind of person who cares either way if I'm alone on V-day. After having said what i said above, no one probably believes me. But it's the truth. And I don't care if you believe me or not!

Okay, well, I successfully let Valentine's Day (the day and the movie) take over my post.

Oh wait. Did anyone watch the Olympic Opening Ceremony last night? I fell asleep during the procession of the athletes but I did watch some. I'll blog nonsensically about it later.

From drizzly Seattle,

-Haewon

P.S. Who's gettin' me this?

Thanks Toy's Baby and Kid's for the picture!

Thoughts about Valentine's Day? Leave a comment. Did you see the movie? Tell me how it is!


1 comment:

  1. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU LIVE IN SEATTLE. I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOU. haha i just thought i'd say that... your blog seems cool. and i agree with you on valentines day. haha the people who say they are single and loving it, in my opinion, are just saying that to try and prove they don't care that no one wants them. but they really do. haah or at least i do. anyways, cool blog my friend. :).

    ReplyDelete

For some reason, getting a comment makes me giddy :)

Thank youuu!