Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2010

And The Oscar Goes To...

Currently Listening to:

The Scientist by Coldplay

There are two things wrong with this blog. The first is that it was never meant to be a diary, and yet it is. The second is that, because I'm trying to make this a "not-diary", I don't write half of what I feel. So what no one can see is my progression, my transformation. My self-realization.

I guess it hasn't been that long since I started blogging. And there's not much that I can write about that sets me apart from anyone else. Most every teen blogger writes emotionally about their day, their stress. And while our similar thoughts makes us all seem unexceptional and blurs the lines between distinction, I think it shows the connection between humans, between people. I'm sure you can find a dozen other blogs with posts almost identical to mine. And as much as I strive to be unique, almost to the point where I hate myself for it, and as much as it makes me feel defeated to know that what I have to say has already been said, that's just how it is.

We. Are. All. Alike.

We all have things in common. We all feel the same things and we all express the same ideas.

How can that knowledge not make you feel more comfortable, more connected to the human's spiritual network? You're not alone. And just because we have many things in common, just because I feel the same things you feel and say the same things you say, it doesn't mean that we don't make unique choices or have unique experiences. I am my own person. Of this I am sure. But I'm also sure that, when it comes down to it, I'm glad to know that I am not alone.

Yes, I say it with conviction. And this is coming from a pessimist. [I don't know.] Maybe my Optimism Week has gotten to me and this is just the final optimistic thought before I shed the optimism for good. Maybe I'm just in a really good mood right now. Maybe I'm just trying to cheer myself up and delude myself into thinking that I'm not alone, even when I know I am.

Maybe, maybe.

-Haewon

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, getting a comment makes me giddy :)

Thank youuu!