Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Whip It, Into Shape...

Currently Listening to:


Whenever I eat Cool Whip or Whip Cream, I think about this song. And sing it. Usually out loud. Doesn't everyone though?

By no means am I a good cook or chef. I can't make real food on my own. However, I'm probably not as bad off as some of my friends are. I know some people whose idea of cooking is making mac 'n cheese out of the box...because you "have to use the stove". Stove=cooking? Since when?

Even though I'm no Julie/Julia, I love being in the kitchen. My dad used to be a pro chef and my mom is actually a really good cook. However, the time I spend in the kitchen isn't to hone a skill. Cooking is actually a very creative process. And I, loving all things creative, love to cook...er...Experiment, I should say.

Yes, I like to spend time in my kitchen, mixing random ingredients, trying new and weird things, making up concoctions. So when I was on stumbleupon and came across microwaveable chocolate-cake-in-a-cup, well, I had to try it of course.

You can find the recipe everywhere online. And you basically just put all the ingredients in a mug and stir and microwave for a few minutes.



Doesn't exactly look appetizing, does it?

Yeah. It's not the greatest tasting thing in the world but if you just want a quick something sweet to eat then you can try this. I put whip cream on mine to try to make it look less ugly. When that didn't work I tried putting some chocolate syrup too.

Err...

It still looks pretty atrocious, doesn't it? It's not that bad. And if you can't bake at all, it's kind of fail proof. Tip: If you try making this, do not overcook it! It will turn out hard, like most things do when they are left in the microwave a little too long. It may look like the "cake" [if we can call it that] is still raw but it's not. It just looks funky like that.

A while back my APES [AP Environmental Science] class had a sort of feast the day before Winter Break. The rules were that every ingredient had to be a producer and therefore everything had to be vegan. It was a primary level only feast! I decided to make Seared Tofu with Orange Glaze. It actually turned out pretty yummy [well to me. I like tofu though so :/ ].

It was pretty tasty1

This is apparently my food post. I'm still behind about other random inconsequential things I've been doing so expect another blah blah blah blah blah post.

I have to go watch Parks&Rec,and The Office and 30 Rock. Thank thank thank you to everyone who even reads 1% of what I write. Muchas gracias.

-Haewon

1: The recipe can be found here.
P.S. Not citing my pictures 'cause they're 100% my crappy work.
[Psst! Any nice little comment would be nice. Or you can follow me! I hate to nag but, yes, I will shamelessly self promote. comment comment follow follow. My not-so-subliminal messages.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, getting a comment makes me giddy :)

Thank youuu!