Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

The Whole World Can Hear...

Currently Listening to:


Aww, cute mascots! 1

2010 Winter Olympics! Anyone excited? I guess I'm particularly excited because the Olympics are happening three hours away from where I live. Granted, in a different country, but it's still cool. Sadly I'm not going up there. It takes time to cross the border and my parents work. It would have worked out so well though. I have mid-winter vacation all this week.

I fell asleep watching to Opening Ceremony (does it always start that late!?) but I did watch a bit. I thought it was really sweet that Vancouver held the main performance until after the procession of the athletes. It really is all about them on that night. Also, I think I need to brush up on my world geography because I did not know where some of those countries were (sadly). What was that country that's 1/6 the size of Rhode Island or Maine or something? I think it starts with an A...

Okay, and I know I have A.D.D. but...did all the snowy whiteness remind you of Chronicles of Narnia? The White Witch? Just me? Okay.

You know what makes me sad? Sports. Sports make me sad. When someone drops the ball (literally and figuratively) or slips or falls it just makes me really sad. I'm not sure why. And another thing that makes me sad is when the countries are coming in and they have just one athlete. I don't know why it makes me sad. My mom said, "they're probably really proud to be representing their country in front of the whole world". But I would be a little depressed standing there, in the tunnel, waiting to walk out into the procession of the athletes, alone. All alone (besides the person holding the flag and your coach and the other five people who are walking with you).

Bermuda only had one athlete. Except that didn't really make me sad because they wore Bermuda shorts and that was just funny. Some countries have nice outfits actually. Like I thought Great Britain's red berets were cute with their sleek white blazers. I wish I had pictures to show but I didn't really sit at the t.v. with my camera.

I was confused by the American's moose hats. They are cute to wear but kind of awkward at the Olympics. But, hey. Who am I to judge?

By the way, it was cute how Taiwan was called Chinese Taipei. During the last Summer Olympics I was actually in Taiwan as part of a student exchange program and the girl I stayed with just kind of laughed when Taiwan came out as Chinese Taipei during the procession of the athletes and said, "We have a special relationship with China". Haha, yeah. That's for sure.

Golly2. Did you see all those dancing people lining the entrance to where the athletes came into the arena? They were all dressed in white and they were DANCING FOR THE WHOLE TIME. I would have just keeled over and died. How did they dance for so long? ...After a while they did start to kind of dance with less enthusiasm. I think that they are the real story here. Maybe they should be competing in the Olympics. If you can dance that long...

-Haewon

P.S. Nelly Furtado is Canadian?


P.P.S. For some reason I'm like two days behind on posts for some reason. I have pictures to put up from Valentine's day (meaning I spent the day alone). Pictures from around Seattle to come.

1: picture from treehugger.com, thanks! Is Quatchi a Sasquatch?
2: my Grandma said Goll, like golly gee, in the car on our way to go see a ballet at McCaw Hall in Seattle. I'll have to blog about that later!

Please Comment and Follow! It would seriously make my day. But then again they highlight of my day today is going to the orthodontist...Thanks to the, oh I don't know, probably one person who reads this. You're amaaazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, getting a comment makes me giddy :)

Thank youuu!