Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

OSCAR'S CHALLENGE

This is the start of a challenge.

Remember how I love the Oscars and award shows and film in general? Well I decided to have a little fun. I'm going to add yet another thing to my already very full plate and hold a competition. Me against movies. You know like the Julie/Julia Project, how she had one year to cook through Julia Childs' cookbook? This is my challenge. I'm challenging myself to watch every single movie that was nominated for an Oscar. 58 movies in 58 days.

You may be thinking, "That's only one movie a day", to which I would reply "You're really good at math!". But remember, I'm a high school junior. It's not exactly like I can watch a movie every single day, at least not without letting my grades drop into the C range [and I'm sorry but at my school, that would just be unacceptable-they have high expectations]. That means, what? Maybe three, four movies some days? I'm not sure if I can do it but if you're reading this it means I posted it and the challenge has begun. I have until May 17th (right around AP testing (: ) to watch all 58 movies that were nominated for an Oscar.

And to make things a little bit more legit., I have to write a review. What shall we include in this review?

At the very least:

Short summary.

Likes/Dislikes.

And ratings. My ratings will take the form of umbrellas (which I see fitting considering I live in Seattle. I could do homework as a representation of my being in high school...no?...Umbrellas it is!) 5 umbrellas being the highest rating, 0 umbrellas being the lowest.

Keep in mind, I'm not a professional. I'm not even semi pro. Nor do I have any "real" knowledge about film. But as an aspiring director, what better way to start?

You're scared to follow me during this challenge aren't you? Don't be afraid! I can't really go wrong here. They were already nominated for an Oscar so there has to be something good about them (even if it's just the Sound Mixing [coughTRANSFORMERScough]).

Okay. Did I forget anything? Let me know by commenting if I did.

Wish me good luck,

Haewon

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, getting a comment makes me giddy :)

Thank youuu!