Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

You May Say I'm a Dreamer...

Currently Watching/Listening to:

Oscar Acceptance Speeches/Imagine-Glee Version

"And the Oscar goes to..."

Those are words that I dream to hear someday. The power behind those words is so profound, so historical. To be recognized with an Oscar is one of the greatest honors someone in the film industry can receive. I couldn't even begin to fathom what it would be like.

Everyone has dreams. R. dreams of being a teacher, M. dreams of being an astronomy professor, E. dreams of being an anchor. Even A., who says she wants to be an orthodontist to adhere to the expectations set by her religious community, secretly wants to be a fashion designer.

What do I dream of? I dream of everything. I dream of sailing in a big sailboat in a sea of stars, of climbing to the tops of the highest mountains and diving to the lowest depths of the darkest oceans. I dream of living in Spring land, where flowers bloom all year round and tickle my nose with their pollen. I dream of opening up dusty books from chilly attics and falling into their weathered yellow pages. I dream of seeing people with faces different from my own; round cheeks, pointy noses, hard jaws, big bright eyes, coarse red hair, soft blond brows, thin dry lips, and big open hearts. I dream of saving lives; sewing up stab wounds, being a hero with dark blue spandex, yellow cape, and all with a gleaming scarlet A embroidered on my chest. I dream of every continent, every opportunity, every closed door, every open embrace.

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

I hope someday you will join us, and the world will be as one.

-Haewon

P.S. My friend and I are going to go see Green Zone with none other than...drum roll please...Matt Damon! Surprise, surprise! It's our first official rated R movie in theaters as 17 year olds (even though I've seen rated R movies in theaters and out before. But my friend is a "good girl" and hasn't so I'll indulge her since she is indulging my Matt Damon craze).

P.P.S. I had Chinese all you can eat today. yum yum yummmmmm!

P.P.P.S. Here in Seattle we have this law that says once you get your license (if you are a minor) you have to wait six months until you can drive other people in the car with you who aren't in your family. My six months is up on the 22nd of this month! Do you have that law where you live? Just curious:

COMMENT ON IT (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, getting a comment makes me giddy :)

Thank youuu!