Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Glee, First Episode! (Spoilerrrrrrrrs)...

Did anyone watch Glee? Man, Will is such a player! He's still married, gettin' freaky with Emma, AND now he thinks he can just go and make out with this other glee director? Nuh-uh, old man!

Emma is so innocent. It was actually kind of boring in this episode. Not because of her innocence but because she's such a predictable character. I'm sure she has to break out of that mold at some point but when? There's only so long that an audience will put up with the same ol', same ol'.
I loved Rachel's version of the All American Rejects song "Gives You Hell" and her performance with new guest character, Jesse St. James, singing Lionel Richie's "Hello". Jesse St. James is played by none other than Jonathan Groff, her Spring Awakening costar. I love reunions!
The whole episode was based on "Hello", the episode being cleverly named "Hell-o". Okay, I guess it's not that clever. It was a good episode. It was satisfying after a long break from Glee. I was all too eager for it to return. But if I weren't a superfan of this show already and wasn't desperate for anything new, I'd have to say that this episode was only so-so. Will is just annoying right now. I don't like his unfaithful ways and his childlike rebounds. I know there isn't supposed to be any real "adults" in this show, but if anyone were to act a bit adult-like, you'd hope it'd be Will, right? Seeing him making out with random Vocal Adrenaline coach, Shelby Corcoran (aka Idina Menzel!!! Which I am SO excited about!!) is just disgusting. And Rachel is for the first time, just. plan. annoying. Usually it's funny and kind of cute and you let it pass because, "hey, it's just a show". But this time I stop pretending to not care and want to strangle her as she HIDES her relationship with Jesse St. James, who is playin' her in order to defeat New Directions, from the rest of the group.
So I guess this season premier had its ups and downs. Yes, it had Idina Menzel and Jonathan Groff, but it's such a frustrating episode of people acting stupid that I'm on the fence about this episode. But hey, I have to be harsh. It's Glee. It has high standards.
Okay, that's pretty much it. I made cake tonight because I have no homework and because I get to sleep until 8 tomorrow because it's WASL/HSPE week! (state standardized testing for soph's.) I made a yellow cake with chocolate fudge frosting.
I also took tons of photos outside. They will go up later. It's late. And I should sleep.
Hasta luego,
Haewon

P.S. Did you know, Idina Menzel and Lea Michele are the same person:


And Jonathan Groff isn't a total troll:


See? Photo from Call Me Freckles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, getting a comment makes me giddy :)

Thank youuu!