Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Writer's Block...

Of course, the one time I truly need to be inspired, must be inspired, I cannot think of a single thing to write about.

College applications do that to you, I suppose. I'm surprised though. I work well under pressure. I've actually done my best work under pressure. But now, as I sit with a piece of lined paper in front of me, the white of the sheet duller than usual, the blue horizontal lines a little more crooked, my mind remains just as blank as the paper before me.

Oh, Muse,

Come to me now. Tap my little head with your fingertip and fill it with expression; blow your sweet breath over my eyelids so that I see visions...I'd even take a clunk on my noggin with a frying pan, if that's all you'll offer.

Love,

A

P.S. You can find me in my room. I'll be the one with glazed over eyes and a red spot on her forehead from slamming my head against the wall repeatedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, getting a comment makes me giddy :)

Thank youuu!