Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas: Part 1...

This year, we are having family on my dad's side coming to visit. I'm superrrrr excited because I'm getting to meet some little cousins for the first time. But because of this, we ended up splitting our Christmas celebration with each side of the family. So "Christmas: Part 1" was yesterday with my Grandma on my mom's side.

Everyone ignored the fact that yesterday was December 19, not the 25th, and we tried to make it feel like "real" Christmas. Sad and depressing and nice and lovely all at the same time.

We opened presents & I got the Glee Volume 4 CD (check!) and the Love Actually DVD (one of my favvvvv movies, especially during this time of the year!) and some cash (hopefully this goes STRAIGHT to the savings account...must...resist...American Apparel). I have listened to the Glee CD like 8 times through since getting it last night. I'm the kind of person that listens to music as I do homework and write in my journal and clean my room.

So good. And I fell in love with my grandma's cheese cutter:

So cute.

I also fell in love with this game my dad gave my mom (for whatever inexplicable reason, my mom wanted "Just Dance 2" for Wii). It was actually tons of fun, mostly because the dances are HILARIOUS and there is a multi-player mode that just makes it a lot of ridiculous fun.

The weirdest thing about last night was that all of a sudden, out of no where, we burst into dance. With nothing but the Christmas tree and its glass orbs glowing, we got up and all danced and didn't think anything of it. It only lasted the length of Madonna's "Ray of Light", but it was the strangest, impulse-filled moment. Maybe it was Madonna's voice blaring at high volume, maybe it was the cosmos that the adults were drinking, but it happened in an instant, passed just as quickly, and is now one of those privately comforting moments that will probably never be spoken of again.

Anyway, Christmas: Part 1 was a success. Perfect actually.
We ate homemade creme brulee:

(My FAVORITE.)

My freshly cut bangs and cute outfit gave me a total confidence boost.

We danced. We laughed. We ate.

We were in good company with people we love.

What more could a girl ask for?

Love,

-A

P.S. The song playing is "Marry You" by Bruno Mars, as performed by the Glee Cast. It's off the Glee Volume 4 CD. It makes me so happy and sounds like Christmas because of the bells. So that is my Christmas gift to you (: A little slice of happiness.

Also, check out my other blog Synesthete Lemon. For those of us that don't like to read much and just like pretty pictures of pretty people (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, getting a comment makes me giddy :)

Thank youuu!