Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Reflections on this past year...

As I sat in my room in the middle of suburbia and tried to think about the most exciting things that happened to me this year, I found that everything I consider to be the best moments of 2010 are the little things that I overlook in every day life. On some level, I wish I could tell you about how I snuck out and went to crazy parties, kissed tons of boys and had a summer fling....but really, I can't.

Some day, I hope I have those moments that I consider wild and outrageous. But for now, I'm content..no...I'm happy knowing that my teenage/high school years were tame and childlike. Next year at this time, I will (hopefully) be on my last few days of break before going back to college and be reflecting on all of the wonderful change and crazy college moments. For now, here have been some of the best moments of my 2010:

  1. Going to The Classic Crime (House of Heroes, Abandon Kansas, Eli Porter, Fight the Current) concert with my brother instead of doing homework and apps.

2. Taking "extended lunches" with friends just because we can.
3. Getting my braces off, FINALLY. And not looking 12 anymore.
4. Meeting my cousin for the first time, bonding, and loving my cousins to death.
5. Watching wayyyy too much tv for my own good with my mom (King of Queens, Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, Glee, Say Yes to the Dress, Housewives, etc.)
6. Automatically gaining respect for being a Senior.
7. Riding to school with A- in the morning and being woken up by her bright personality.
8. Seeing cute boys and totally just falling in love with them.
9. Staying out late and coming home to a sleeping house.
10. Laughing until my sides hurt and I'm crying.

Ahh, and my New Year's resolution? It was going to be "cut back on the candy" but I wanted something that was actually realistic so I might go with "sit up straighter". Every year I put "stop procrastinating" but it never happens. But New Year's resolutions are more of our dreams than our actual resolutions, right?

Happy New Year, everyone!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, getting a comment makes me giddy :)

Thank youuu!