Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Beneath the Stars...

Currently Listening to:
Mr. Blue by Catherine Feeny


I thrive off of what some people may call 'obsessions'. But they are fascinations, really. Fixations. Like when you find a new word you can't stop saying. "Pedo," for example. Pronounced 'pee dough'. Like in a British accent. (A little too much BBC America for me!) Or when you can't stop staring at the shape of someone's mouth because it is just so perfect and plump and not cracked at all like an old person.


My latest fixation came after I watched the 2010 True Grit. It may seem like an obvious target for my inner Matt Damon-obsessed self, but I swear, it wasn't that.


No. In fact, my fascination is with two semi-specific elements of the movie. The first being Miss Mattie Ross herself, Hailee Steinfeld (as seen on my secondary blog, Synesthete Lemon). My interest is not a dangerous one, but rather the kind of interest a little boy has for trucks, or a mad scientist has for dangerous chemicals. I become interested in people (more or less the reason for the creation of Synesthete Lemon). Her fashion (face of Miu Miu), her interviews, her acting pre-True Grit, her personality, her young age.


My second interest that blossomed from Movie Night Tuesday with mom was that ranch, western, mountainous, terrain. And horses. So of course, I rallied the girls to plan a 24 hour getaway across the mountains for a day+night of horse riding, swimming, and camping.


The horse riding in the movie was fast at times, exciting, wild. At times they also just walked along slowly through open terrain. The latter was more like what we did. And to think I was nervous about going too fast...


We also went swimming. In the melted snow lake.


And camping was great. We got a fire going. Made s'mores. Talked in that way you talk when you are sleeping outdoors and are physically, but not emotionally, tired at night. We woke up completely demolished by the bugs (post-ER trip, anyone?), but I have to say that it was an overall great trip. I got a lot of the need to be a character in True Grit out of my system, although my new macbook wallpaper is a nice reminder of it all:


The life I could have had...
'Night ya'll,
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, getting a comment makes me giddy :)

Thank youuu!