Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

Clutter...


My dorm room wall says a lot about who I am.

I lead a cluttered life. Cluttered room, cluttered walls, cluttered thoughts and emotions. But always placing the things most important to me-family, friends, memories, dreams-above all.

There are some random things on my wall; a poster of the under side of a wave, some hanging snowflakes to make it seem more festive, photos of mostly my old life but a few from my new one, melted crayon artwork that someone made for me, envelopes from my friends from back home, a letter that the 6 year old girl I babysit sent me, a pin from my 19th birthday at Disneyland.

It's my wall. It's me trying to trick myself into feeling at home. It works sometimes like at night when I'm staring up at the wall. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and look at the photos on my wall and think I'm at home. It's familiar, but it's not home. Not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, getting a comment makes me giddy :)

Thank youuu!