Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Working at the School TV Station...

During my first semester of college, just about six months ago, I didn't know much about the school I was attending and what I wanted to get out of my experience here. I did know, however, that I wanted to join the school's television station. I had seen some clips of some of their shows online and knew I had to join.

So I went to that first meeting, not knowing anyone or anything about what I'd be doing, and left a couple weeks later having had been assigned to work on a show. Little did I know, I would end up with a co-producing credit for that same show. Now, I've progressed to getting to getting to run a show with my co-producer on our own this semester, and it absolutely terrifies me.

Coming into film school with absolutely no experience while I look around at all the other already experienced students was overwhelming to say the least. The fact that I'm only just taking my very first TV production class this semester and still have yet to know how to properly light a scene doesn't help my lack of confidence issue.

But I'm also very excited. I'm venturing into new territory and taking the first steps towards gaining real life experience in TV production. Who cares if it's shitty? I'm not going to learn anything by being afraid to fail. And if it's shitty, I'll learn from that. I'll learn why it was shitty and how to make it less so. That's what I love about being in the film school. You get these opportunities to learn your craft and make mistakes in class so that when you get out into the real world, you have just that much more knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, getting a comment makes me giddy :)

Thank youuu!