Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sophomore Slump: Does it Exist?

It's the eve of my first day of my sophomore year of college. All the nerves of last year have returned as I sit here, at my new desk in my new dorm room, staring at my blank walls that are crying out to be filled with photos of home.

Now that it's year two and all of the exciting new-ness of freshman year has worn off, I can't help but start to feel the onset of Sophomore Slump. It's the little things that have tipped me off to it: avoiding coming on campus for as long as possible, putting of ordering my textbooks until after classes have begun, finding myself telling my friends that I'm going to be the first one to be a college dropout. You know, the little things.

The only real thing pushing me forward into my sophomore year is the hope that I will be accepted to my study abroad program for spring semester. If I don't get in, I'm for sure going to secure my place as the first among my friends to be a college dropout.

In the meantime, I guess I'll figure out whether Sophomore Slump is just an urban legend. 

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, getting a comment makes me giddy :)

Thank youuu!