Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Can Anybody Find Me?...

Currently Listening To:

Somebody to Love by Queen

(linked to the Glee version)

"Can anybody find me somebody to love?"

Please? Okay, I'm not looking for somebody to love, just something.

There are so many things I have to say in this post, all of which are fairly insignificant. First of all, I love the show Glee. Have you seen it? 1 It is a pretty silly show with a goofy plot and dopey characters but it has a charm to it. The music selection is superb and always links back almost perfectly to the plot of that episode (and they always leave you feeling good at the end of the show). I guess I am a big sucker for musicals and theatrical entertainment. I did theater for six years at the local theater. It was a "if you try out you get a part" type of deal. I had done theater for a fairly long time but was never good until about my fourth or fifth play when I suddenly decided, "I'm not a very good actor. I might as well just let loose and make a fool of myself. What do I have to lose?"

So I let loose.

And after a couple days of not caring what anyone else thought about me and just acting for the joy of acting, the director pulled me aside for the first time in four years and told me something I will never forget:

"You're not just a little actor anymore. You're finally a competitor and I'm excited to start giving you bigger parts. Nice work."

! I was thrilled. It was a huge compliment and, although I was accustomed to receiving praise when I was younger, I had never been complimented on something I actually cared about. It was the first time I had experienced the feeling of success.

Every aspect of the theater intrigues me; I love being backstage and seeing the lighting and costumes and hair and makeup and going to rehearsals and taking a bow and the camaraderie of the whole experience.

I miss it. I miss it to the point where I sometimes think maybe I should go back, maybe I should make a career out of it. I could design sets or costumes or be a stage manager. It all sounds so fun. But, of course, me being me...I just don't know.

I guess that is something to consider. Theater.

Hmmm...

I'm sure I have tons more to say on that topic but maybe on a different day. This post is already getting long and I still have a couple things to say.

So I love blogging now, even if no one reads this 2 I still love writing and getting my ideas out there. I've always wanted to be a writer (and hopefully I will publish a novel some day) and this is a way for me to get my ideas out there. But as much as I love blogging about, well, whatever comes into my mind, I don't want to have a blah blog. I want it to be interesting, something people will read.

And then I thought of Julie & Julia. And how Julie blogged about her whole experience cooking through Julia Child's cookbook3. I want to do something like that. I want to go through an experience and document it here. It doesn't have to be anything drastic or life-changing (I am a high school Junior after all. I don't have that much time to spare!). But I want to do something.


I was thinking I could try being a vegetarian for a month, vegan for a month? If you have any ideas of what I should do let me know!

"Can anybody find me...?"

A challenge!

-Haewon


1: Leave me a comment if you love Glee!
2: If you are reading this, leave me a comment and let me know! :D
3: Is that how it goes? I didn't see it but my mom told me about it. Is it a good movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, getting a comment makes me giddy :)

Thank youuu!