Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Barefoot is Boring...

"It's funny how you can get yourself invited for dinner when you bring the dinner.
I wish I had known that when I was twenty."
-Barefoot Contessa

Sometimes people unintentionally say funny things. Unfortunately, that never happens to me.

So I am sorry to all the Barefoot Contessa fans (is that her name? Like, Ms. Contessa, first name, Barefoot?) I don't really ever watch this show but I watched it for a while today. I tried to be polite and not get up and leave so I sat through her mumbling monotone voice and cheesy lines (the episode is called "Tale of Two Soups", 'nuff said). I usually watch the Food Network (Channel?) when I'm hungry. And I rarely ever watch the shows where they make healthy food. If I'm going to really fantasize, I watch Paula Deen and her recipe for Fried "insert food here". Plus that woman is just craaazy! She is absolutely loca. Have you seen the episode of Kathy Griffin's My Life on the D List where she goes to Paula Deen's house? P.D.'s crazy is on par with Kathy's. And that's saying something.

I didn't really have a point to make, talking about Barefoot. But I do want to say that I have been craving hot lime Cheetos and these Mexican marshmallow graham cracker cookie square things from 711 all day long. I was going to go walk the mile to the grocery store but I have to go pretend to play my clarinet at the Spring Concert in an hour and a half. And while I can drive, there's nothing to drive. So I'm stuck at home, watching Barefoot and reruns of What I Like About You (which I really like) and avoiding homework (not because I have to do anything particularly hard but because I need to live up to my teenage duties in that way).

I have nothing of importance to say. Sorry if you just read that whole thing :/

-Haewon

P.S. ...Barefoot says that it's important that the eye of the fish is really bright when you buy it....no wonder she didn't get invited to any dinner parties in her twenties. She's kind of weeeeeird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, getting a comment makes me giddy :)

Thank youuu!