Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

An Education in Fashion: Part I...

The end of the year brings a lot of time for me to sit at home, avoid homework, and transition my mind into summer mode. I slump around all day and try desperately to not do homework or study.

Therefore! I have a lot more time on my hands to post.

I don't know if you've read any of my other posts (probably not), but I recently watched 'An Education' in an attempt to watch all Oscar Nominated Films. I fell in love with this movie. The plot and script are both amazing. But the color palette in this movie was so visually pleasing, and the fashion followed suit.



This movie didn't have tons of glitz and glamour (or rather, it did but it wasn't the focal point necessarily of the movie). The simplicity of the style and the relevance to today's fashion made me quickly fall in love with the visual aesthetics.

Props, kudos, and all the other thumbs ups to Odile Dicks-Mireaux, the Costume Designer for An Education.



Not only is "Jenny" a very fashionable lady but Carey Mulligan is such a lovely, delicate person that she pulls off these clothes in a flower-like way and makes everything tasteful.
Love it? Hate it? Let me know & comment, yo'.
-Haewon
Part Two to come later...

Check out:

Part II

Part III

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, getting a comment makes me giddy :)

Thank youuu!