Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

High Maintenance...

It's amazing what a little lipstick and mascara can do for your confidence.

I've never been a heavy user. Mainly because I know that once you start you can't stop. Like, you can't wake up late one day and NOT wear makeup because then you go to school and everyone thinks you look like a troll.

But this summer I decided I wanted to put my best foot forward. Appearance matters significantly. There have been many studies on the relationship between level of attractiveness and the likelihood of being hired, committing crimes, etc. And they consistently show that pretty people are more likely to come out on top.

So I bought my first lipstick, keep my nails painted, wear my best clothes, brush on the mascara and go with blush or eyeshadow. It's fun. It's like dress up. At first I just wanted to do it to...well...have something to do. But now that I'm starting to always LOOK my best I'm also starting to FEEL my best. Confidence rises. Attention increases. Happiness thrives.

But the one downside is the upkeep. Do I want to go into senior year with this new image obsessed attitude and have to add THAT to my daily routine? It's enough for me to just get up in the morning and brush my teeth and wash my face. But to worry about my shoes matching my headband and my belt and my eyeshadow?

Surely, there is a balance in there. I know it exists, but it's hard for me to not take things to the extreme. It's what I like to do. Full out or not at all. Drama, drama, drama.

Turning over a new leaf takes a lot of work ):
-A

2 comments:

  1. Hunnie, there is defiantly a balance.. I just haven't found it yet. I sometimes go to school with a face full of slap, then the next day turn up looking like may face had had a paint stripper attack. personally I can't relate about the lipstick thing as my lips and a funny shape and don't suit it very well

    ReplyDelete
  2. u shudn take thngs to an extreme...as long as you think you look good...you can bend a fashion rules here and there...ul still look great!

    ReplyDelete

For some reason, getting a comment makes me giddy :)

Thank youuu!