Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Back to the Roots of This Blog...

When I started this blog in high school, it was my way of being able to document my journey to college-dom (not a word? Right). It was my quest to figuring out who I am, who "Haewon" is. I was a junior in high school trying to work out what she wanted to do with her life and I, being the naive girl I have always been, thought it would pretty much end with the acceptance letters from college.


But let me tell you, in no way, shape, or form do I feel like I have ANYTHING figured out, nor can I even pretend to know who I am. I see all my university peers working towards concrete goals like their ending point has been ingrained in them from the start. Is that normal? Because if it is, it's a reassurance of something I already know: I am so the opposite of normal.


Whenever I ask other people in the film school what they want to do with their film degrees, they always tell me in these confident voices that they want to work as a film preservationist or at film festivals or they want to be a show runner or at some obscure institute or academy.


If you ask ME what I want to do with my film degree, I couldn't even begin to tell you. In fact, I couldn't even tell you with certainty what my major/majors/minors are. How is it that everyone else seems to have had this figured out a long time ago? Sure, I'm a late bloomer, but...really? REALLY?


I'm really just beating around the bush to let you know that this blog is going to continue until I find myself, or at least a part of myself, because writing is the only way I can work through things. I usually don't even know how I feel until I write it down.


So, here's to more to come!


-A


P.S. In an attempt to connect the loose ends of my life together, I'm letting you know about my other sites:
for my blog on celebrity photos and quotes: Synesthete Lemon
for my tumblr (music, quotes, and artistic photos): Tumblr
Flickr with my photos: Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, getting a comment makes me giddy :)

Thank youuu!