Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Beauty in The King's Speech...

The King's Speech was beautiful. The script, the message, the portrayals, the tone. I couldn't help but feel like every shot was a painting. Soft usually but at times harsh. Light and shadows and blurred lines. Dark shadows and foggy backdrops.

I took a few stills from the movie to show you. It reminds me of Gustave Caillebotte.

Gustave Caillebotte painting



Every frame of the movie evokes such a profound reaction in me.


I came to film school thinking I'd want to work on movies in some form or another. But once I got here, I decided that I actually wanted to work more in television than film. Why? I enjoy the fast paced environment a little more than I think I would on a slower paced film set.


But, jeez. Seeing these photos really makes me realize why I was attracted to the film school in the first place. The beauty of film really astounds me. You just don't see shots like this in television.


It is rare that I watch a movie that resonates with me on almost every level, and The King's Speech was one of them. (Along with An Education, which I obsessively blogged about.)

-A



No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason, getting a comment makes me giddy :)

Thank youuu!