Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Miley Gives Singing Advice?...

Let me just say, I'm not a basher. I have better things to do than use my creative talents to rip down other artists (oh, yes. I am an artist).

But I just have one question: Why Miley?

Miley Cyrus is on this week's episode of American Idol. I'm in the midst of watch the show right as we speak. As pretty and funny as Miley is [and as much as she brings up the ratings], should she really be giving advice to contestants on American Idol?

She's only 17 and she's not exactly what I would call a "seasoned artist". Sure she has had her own concert tours and t.v. show etc but it's just odd for me to see this young Disney starlet giving advice to people. Maybe she could give advice on how to ham up a performance or work the crowd. But advice on singing techniques? I'm not so sure.


Miley Cyrus in The Last Song1


But in the fashion of Ellen DeGeneres, I will qualify that statement by saying that I really like Miley and think she is great. I mean look, she is gorgeous! Scandalous, but beautiful.

Anyway, this has been a bad start to my Oscar's Challenge. I've watched some of the movies but don't really have any of the reviews up yet. I've seen District 9, Precious, Avatar, Invictus, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, The Hurt Locker, and Julie&Julia. Now I just have to watch...oh...51 more? Something like that. Yikes.


It will happen!


-Haewon


1: Thanks to Celebrity Junior for the picture!


P.S. Anyone else an Andrew Garcia fan? He has not been doing so well in AI thus far (with the exception of Straight Up [WHICH WAS AMAZING] but I love him on YouTube. He is like, the funniest person ever and so likable on YouTube. I really would love to see him become huge and get a record deal and everything. But through American Idol? Only a certain kind of person can go through American Idol and make it out with originality in tact (like Kelly Clarkson minus that time she made that sellout movie). Andrew Garcia deserves better than AI. If he doesn't win (and I don't think he will) I think he needs to go get a legit deal and become famous that way. Not AI. NOT AMERICAN IDOL. Watch this Andrew Garcia video, sooooooooo cute! Made me fall in love, haha. Basically that one and all the other ones. Go on a YouTube rampage and watch!

1 comment:

  1. I agree completely, Miley Cyrus is great but she shouldn't be giving singing advice. I consider myself a vocalist and I wouldn't take advice from her. Did you notice how she kept saying, "work on your stage presence?" I think she knew she was stepping on some toes as well. She's good with the stage presence though, she knows how to get attention ;) In a good way.

    ReplyDelete

For some reason, getting a comment makes me giddy :)

Thank youuu!